Sunday, March 16, 2014

The grind

Like many guys who are much more interested in dating and relationships than random hookups, Grindr is not my preferred method of meeting guys. However, sometimes it surprises me.

I met my friend Wes through Grindr back in September. We dated for about a month before I decided I just wasn't feeling it. Since then he's become a good friend.

Another friend, Jared, I had a little mini romance with shortly before that time. I also met him through Grindr.

Lately I've had a couple really good conversations with people I've met on Grindr. The bad news: it seems like they are all from out of town!

First was a guy from San Francisco. Very nice, my age, and starting medical school in the fall. We had a really good conversation and texted a bit while he was visiting So Cal. No chance to meet up unfortunately, but he suggested we meet up when I visit SF in June (more on that some other time).

Next there was a guy from New York who also seemed really nice.

Now this weekend I've been texting non-stop with a really nice guy who has been visiting So Cal from Dallas. He was busy with family so once again we couldn't meet up. He's at the airport on the way home as I type this. He plans to come back to So Cal, but probably not until the fall.

I almost was going to go on a date tonight with a guy visiting from Rome. He seemed really nice and really keen on meeting up, but I haven't heard from him since yesterday so I think he's going to flake.

Now I just need to find someone I mesh with so well in my neck of the woods!

3 comments:

  1. This is so frustrating!!! I met a great guy in Portland, and he is actually coming to visit his family (and sneak some time in with me) this week. I have some serious doubts about whether a long distance relationship could work though. Sometimes it seems like all the good guys are anywhere but LA. Of course, that can't literally but true but i dunno.

    P.S. Have you been watching Looking? I can relate to Jonathan Groff's character a lot. It takes a few episodes to get going, but I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fairly convinced there's no one in my neck of the woods, lol. But godspeed to ya! As El Genio mentioned above, I also relate to Jonathan Groff's character in the show, "Looking."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that's really annoying :(

    Maybe this is just the universe showing you just how many good fish there are in the sea. You're less likely to settle for anything less once you realise how abundant they are elsewhere...!

    It's coming ;)

    ReplyDelete