Sunday, March 23, 2014

Meeting someone new

It's been a fun weekend so far. The Texan and I are still texting back and forth. We haven't had a really long conversation for several days, but we've both been very busy. 

I had a Grindr conversation with a local guy on Friday. After chatting for a while it became apparent that we had a mutual friend: Jake the Australian! Jake had told the guy he was going to see a friend in an improv show over the weekend and I told the guy I'm in a troupe. Didn't take long for him to put the pieces together. He decided to come with Jake to the show so he could see me perform and meet me.

Before we ended our conversation that night another revelation occurred. After I sent the guy my phone number he realized we had texted before . . . He was a guy from a dating website who I had tried to set up a meet with a year ago! He had flaked out back then, and he was apparently very remorseful. I told him not to worry about it. He could make it up to me by coming to my show.

Come he did, as did Jake and my friend Walter. After the show we all hung out at a bar for a while, then got late night burgers. He seems like a nice guy. Pretty cute, smart, and a very active sense of humor. He and I bantered back and forth a lot. When we parted he expressed the hope of meeting up one on one sometime. I told him that would be cool.

Not to beat a dead horse, but it is a thought that crossed my mind: he's in the same profession that a certain ex was when I first met him. But he seems to handle the stress of said profession a lot better. Perhaps a sign of more emotional stability.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you should give him a second chance to get to know you better.

    Him being in the same profession as Ben is just a coincidence. You should not have concerns about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely!

    Jobs don't make you a monster. They just unleash the one inside.

    I remember Jake had massive issues with work stress; he was a medical student. Yet some of my medical friends are GREAT with their workload and are really upbeat.

    A mature person is mature whatever position they hold and the same for the immature

    I'd say hold all questions till the end of the tour (or until the date anyway! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. Hopefully we'll hear of more good things to come! :-)

    ReplyDelete