Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My siblings and the Texan

Hey all!

First of all, I'll answer a question I got in a recent comment from fan of casey. I'm close to my sisters and have always gotten along well with them. However, I am a lot closer to my cousins despite the fact that my sisters have lived much closer for most of my life. This is largely because I'm a lot closer in age to my cousins. My sisters are from my mom's first marriage, and there's quite an age gap. My cousins, on the other hand, I grew up with and thus have more in common with. 

The older sister has been married to one guy most of my life. The younger one is a serial monogamist who is never long without a boyfriend. It felt so good to no longer be the only one of my mom's kids without a significant other, if only for a short while. I look forward to having that again someday.

I always feel like I should visit my sisters more often. They live close enough that I should really see them more, but far enough that it needs to be a day trip pretty much.

In other news Im still texting with the Texan every day. I talked to him on the phone for the first time last night. I don't know what could become of this, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

I've gone out three times with a guy that lives pretty close to me. Nice guy, and was the same class as me at my alma mater university. I'm not sure I feel enough of a connection, though. He's quite feminine, which in small amounts can be attractive but I feel with him it's a bit too much. Also he seems to be a bit of a homebody at heart, while I'm usually most attracted to active guys who love to go out and do things and travel (hello Texan! Haha) He's so nice and close though! Why do I only have interest in unavailable guys? Ben was emotionally unavailable, now the Texan is geographically unavailable!

Oh well. Corresponding with the Texan is fun. I just hope I'm not making a mistake by turning down perfectly good, available guys like Wes and this new guy.


1 comment:

  1. No real harm in keeping contact with the Texan, as long as you both keep expectations in check. Having someone to bounce things off and listen to you is often comforting even if distance precludes any real possibility, but you never know what the future holds, right? You can get quite emotionally involved without meeting someone in person.

    Thanks for the info on your sisters. Even though I'm close in age to my two brothers, I'm not super close with them. They have their own lives. And growing up I was closest to a female cousin, so I can relate to your situation.

    ReplyDelete