Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Different priorities

The radio silence from Tinder Guy finally got too much for me, so I decided to text him and bid him farewell, saying that I assumed his nonresponsiveness was an indication that he did not want to meet up again.

He texted back and apologized for not responding. He said that he is busier than ever before finishing up his PhD, and he really needs to focus on that "without distractions." He said he hoped I understood. I said I did, and left it at that.

So this is two guys from Tinder (him and Beach Guy) who I really liked, but who aren't serious about dating because of other issues (discontent with career and desire to move for Beach Guy, focus on schoolwork for Tinder Guy). I'm beginning to wonder whether I should give Match.com another try. Since it's paid I feel like I'd be more likely to find guys on there who are actually serious about finding a relationship.

My cousin Brad and his girlfriend are visiting LA this weekend. On Sunday we're planning to go to Disneyland. Incidentally, it is Gay Days this weekend. Last time I went to Gay Days at Disneyland was two years ago with . . . Good! The reclaiming continues.

3 comments:

  1. Better to know and have some closure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at Disney!!!
    Wear red!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend decided to try out Match.com and he got a date with a girl and things seem to be going well. I haven't touched base with him about it in these last couple weeks, but I'm curious as to how it worked out for him. And truthfully, if it works for him, why not for you or me?

    ReplyDelete