Thursday, October 2, 2014

Said and done

Question 4

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Logical answer: Yes. Easier said than done, so likely said will outweigh done.

But this is more of a thought-provoking question rather than one that calls for an actual answer.

My twenties are in the past. My "youth" years are fleeting. Definitely my problems have been 1) developing a life focus and all that comes with it, including goals, plans, etc., 2) getting out of my own way and allowing myself to follow my heart and true interests instead of what I feel I "should" do, and 3) learning to take chances, put myself out there, and take risks.

I feel I am making progress in these respects. But is the progress fast enough? Developing my improv comedy hobby has been a major blessing for me. It has allowed me to express my creativity, which has been a treasured part of my personality ever since I was a little kid but has been tragically underutilized during my adult life. As for the rest of my life though, I feel like I haven't really "done" much. I'm still in exploratory mode, but that can't last forever.

I want to find someone to share my life with. I want to develop myself into the strong, confident person that I know I have the potential to be. I want to live a life of meaning. I want to enhance the lives of those I love. 

Maybe I do have goals after all.

2 comments:

  1. The bulk of my 20s is behind me as well, and sometimes I feel the clock tick. It's an unsettling feeling, but even now I'm not quite at a place where there's true stability. Yet at the same time, that place may never exist . . . Concrete goals are a thing worth striving towards.

    ReplyDelete