Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Gaybor Day Weekend . . . or Labor Gay Weekend?

I had a very nice Labor Day weekend. Well, except for a sore throat that I had throughout. I actually took the day off work today to try to rest up and finally kick it. Feeling better now.

I finally got to meet Texas Guy this weekend. As a recap, Texas Guy is someone that I first chatted with on Grindr way back in March when he was visiting California. We really clicked but weren't able to meet up before he had to go back to Texas. Since then we have been texting pen pals and have talked on the phone a couple of times. This weekend marked his first trip to So Cal since then. He and his aunt came to see me perform in a show, then he and I went up to LA and went out in WeHo with my LA gay crew. He's a really cool guy, and a great conversationalist. We went to The Abbey, but didn't make it out there until nearly 1 AM. So, we really didn't have much time to drink or anything before it was last call. My cousin Roger went, as did Chris and Timothy, who have been the cutest gay couple that I have known. I also ended up meeting up with a guy from Tinder that I've been talking to, since he happened to be at the Abbey as well. He was there with his friend who was visiting from the Bay Area. She was rather drunk, haha. The two of them joined our group, and I just kind of pretended that this was a friend of mine I already knew. I don't think anyone caught on that I actually had never met him before! He seemed really sweet. I look forward to hanging out with him again, and he seemed very keen on it too. He doesn't live very close to me, but he is willing to meet halfway.

I invited Tinder guy and his friend to come hang out with us at my cousin's place, but they didn't have a car and the girl was a little too drunk and hungry. So Texas Guy, Chris, and Timothy came back and hung out with us for a while. Texas Guy spent the night. Sunday morning he and I had brunch with a friend of mine, the Handsome Guy that I went out with a couple times a few months ago. He was up in WeHo with his current boyfriend and his friend who was visiting from the East Coast. After interacting with him in that situation, I realized more how much the two of us really aren't a match.

After brunch, Texas Guy and I checked out the Santa Monica pier, then I dropped him off with his family. I spent the rest of the day relaxing, and also set up tentative plans to meet up with a guy in LA the next day. Let's call him Blue Eyes.

So Monday I met up with Blue Eyes and went hiking in Runyon Canyon. I've been corresponding with Blue Eyes for a while now, and have been a bit on the fence about him. He is clearly a lot more sexual than I am. Even before we met for the first time he offered to share with me a JO video of his. Not my cup of tea. In person he seemed sweet though. Not much of a prospect since he lives in LA and doesn't have a car. But the hike was fun, and afterward we went back to his place, watched Netflix and did a lot of cuddling, massaging, and other play. We didn't make out since I had a sore throat. He also demonstrated his rather dominant nature. I just kind of let him do whatever. It was fun, I'm glad I had the experience. And we stopped short of doing anything with pants off, haha.

The weekend wasn't all positive. After hanging out with Chris and Timothy Saturday night and not detecting anything amiss, I never would have suspected that it would be the last time I'd see them as a couple. Chris was planning a get together for Labor Day, so after I left Blue Eyes' place I gave him a call to check in. He didn't answer, so I called Timothy. He said he wasn't at Chris's place, nor would he be going. There was something odd about his tone of voice. I didn't think much of it, thinking he must just be busy. However, he called me back a few minutes later to explain that Chris had actually broken up with him the night before. Now, the possibility of this happening had definitely crossed my mind previously. Chris is 25 and Timothy just barely turned 21. Though the age difference isn't huge, they are definitely at different places in their development. Still, they were always so cute together and I adore them both. It really made me sad that it had come to this. Timothy told me that he was still confused about what was going on, and asked me to take care of Chris. My heart went out to him . . . I knew what it was like to be dumped by someone I cared strongly for.

I went to meet up with Chris as his Labor Day get together was ending. The two of us grabbed dinner and he explained to me his side of the story. I consoled him as best as I could, and assured him that if he needed to talk I'd be there for him. They'd been together for quite a while (about two years I believe), so I knew this wouldn't be easy for either of them.

All in all a busy and fun weekend, despite my sore throat and the unexpected break up of two of my good LA friends. I will probably see Texas Guy again once more before he goes home. I hope to see Tinder Guy again soon.

Meeting so many nice guys, despite various barriers to actual relationships (distance being the most common one), has definitely been therapeutic for me. I feel generally happy these days, and I feel more optimistic that I will find someone else some day.


3 comments:

  1. You are meeting so many guys, I'm losing track. We are going to need a recap or some kind of diagram to show the connections and names. Obviously you have a good way of keeping up with who is who.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I know. Basically from this point on I'll only give actual names to people who are relatively prominent in my life. Guys I meet up with will get nicknames like "Texas Guy" or "Blue Eyes" unless they earn a real pseudonym :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're meeting a lot of nice guys. :-) But yeah, definitely getting difficult to keep straight (haha, pun not intended)! :-P

    ReplyDelete